The “Giorgio de Chirico” Art Center is a cradle of culture in the city of Volos. This art center aims to raise citizens’ awareness of artistic creation as well as their deeper education and training.
It is named after the great European painter, sculptor and writer Giorgio De Chirico, who was born in Volos in 1888. The Art Center was inaugurated in September 1990, and since the spring of 1991 began the regular hosting of exhibitions of various visual interest with periodical character. At the same time, the “Al. K. Damatsa “consisting of the donation of the collector Alexandros Damtsa and includes about 350 works of artists and paintings from all the important artistic trends of our century. These works are distributed in gravures, maps and documents for the region, works by Greek painters and mainly artists from Thessaly.
In the same building, there is space specially adapted for the storage of archive material and works of the municipal collections, their maintenance workshop and library.