Vovousa is a village of Eastern Zagori in the prefecture of Ioannina, Epirus. It is about 70 km northeast of the city of Ioannina.
Through the village passes the river Aoos. Around the river there are habitats that host rich flora and fauna. Vovousa became a major member of the autonomous region of Zagori during the Ottoman domination and was considered one of the largest Zagorohoria.
In the middle of the village, there is a stone bridge that connects the two banks and neighborhoods of the village. It is the only village in Greece that separates it in the middle of a river. It was built in 1748 by Alexios Mestios and has been recognized as the newest archaeological monument. The churches of Agios Georgios (building of 1814), Agia Paraskevi (where the divine operation takes place every July 26th and the traditional three-day feast of Vovousa and Panagia), the small bridge of Aspropotamos Pountika, are also distinguished.
It is one of the entrances to Valia Calda National Park. There are still many hiking trails.
Video by: Epirus In