It is one of the most ancient monasteries and today there is only an abbess there. Located 5 km away from Leonidio on its northwest side, it can be accessed by car and it is an ideal route for hiking. It seems that it was named after an old big fig tree, Sintza means fig in the Tsakonian dialect. The tree was inside the cave, on the steep corner of the red rock, where there is the monastery today.
According to the documents, the church was built in 1622. Its body is cross-shaped and it has got interesting icons painted in 1650, carved iconostasis and white cells. The icon that depicts Saint’s Assumption is extremely rare. Around the monastery, on the vertical rocks there are hermitages. The view is spectacular.