The Lighthouse is a whitewashed building that was built in 1919. It operated two years later in 1921. The Lighthouse is located at an altitude of 58 meters. Its light is away from the ground of 11 meters.When the beacon was started, it was lit by a worm, later with an oil spill mechanism, and finally from 1986 onwards, the sun is the source of energy.The house where the laborers lived was next to the lighthouse.Today two lighthouse officers supervise the lighthouse where they simply monitor the mechanisms. Access to the lighthouse is easy to walk by footpaths, from the meadow or from Ano Meria.
Address & Contact
The Lighthouse of Aspropounta